Workers’ Compensation is a state-mandated program that provides benefits to employees who are injured while on the job. The injury or illness must arise in the course and scope of one's employment. You must be medically certified by a physician within the USC Medical Provider Network (MPN) to receive benefits. All medical bills will be paid by the university as long as you treat within the USC MPN.
We help you file work-related claims and assit you in returning to work. We assist you in:
- Filing a claim
- Receiving medical treatment for an injury
- Payments if you lose wages because your injury prevents you from doing your usual job while recovering
WE COORDINATE SERVICES FOR YOUR RECOVERY
Filing a Claim
We help you file a claim needed for benefits. We make sure you:
- Understand the claims process and requirements for benefits
- File the appropriate forms in time so your benefits are not delayed
Getting the Medical Help You Need
USC coordinates emergency and treatment services with medical facilities within our Medical Provider Network (MPN). We help you:
- Identify a tretment facility near your home or work
- Identify a MPN physician specialized in your injury
Coordinating Claims and Services with Supervisors
We make sure your supervisor files the injury forms for your eligibility.